Tuesday, August 07, 2007

More News

The summer is flying fast. Wedding plans starting to take form and somehow I know it will all pull together fine. I think Megan is flying by the seat of her pants on much of this, and I am helping out when asked, or when needed.

I have my dress...it is a splendid gown. It has been a long time since I have bought a dress like this, and it is a bit surreal that my daughter is getting married.

Her fiance just got his orders and they will be in Fort Campbell, Kentucky, a bit of a ride from the Catskill Mountains of New York. I had to recheck a map of the US to see where Kentucky is. The weather maps still list it as the "northeast". Hmmm...

I am still in disbelief that they will be so far from friends and family. I think they will be in for a bit of a shock. Dole says Megan will have to work just to buy me plane tickets. I hope the area is nice. I don't have high hopes that a Military Base is in the lovely rolling hills of Kentucky, but maybe it is.

Time to do a bit more research.

It is the same base that Alanna's father is stationed. How strange for all concerned. * I am humming the Moody Blues..."isn't life strange......"
patti

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home