Sunday, June 24, 2007

More Updates....


I have been posting very sporadically here, which for the most part is good because that means things are going at an even keel. Megan has another PET scan in August and that will show the status of the tumors.

She is still working at Mohonk, and plans on marrying Dole and leaving town as soon as she can set up house at whatever military base he is assigned to.

Personally, I think they should live together for longer than the 7 months they have before they consider marriage, but you know, she has to live her life the way she sees fit. I don't know how she will do as she is leaving her entire support system behind her, and I am sure Alanna is going to miss her family very much. I know I will...as they have been a very intergral part of our lives for three years.

Dole will undoubtedly be shipped off at some point to Iraq. But we can alwasy hope for miracles. I have to remember the principles of Al Anon...I can't control anything, all I can do is focus on the things that I can change, and find a place of peace in all of this.

It has been one of my biggest challenges, letting my children go. Well, letting a lot of things go, but we won't get into that. It has been hard but I am fortunate to have a great therapist, to have art as therapy, and am willing to do that work that it takes to find peace and love. And, I have wonderful friends and a husband who accepts me for who I am (for the msot part). I guess I can't ask for more.

I will check back in from time to time and keep updates going. I have the summer off so I will be working religiously posting to my Eat Man Drink Water blog, and am starting one "Catskill Paper" which is purely about art. I need to run separate blogs in all of this as I love to do my daily musings, but also want to keep writing about art.

Thanks my readers for hanging in! patti

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home