Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter

I so needed a break from my life which has been pretty intense for the past six months. The emotional and physical stress that one goes through when faced with a life-threatening illness takes its toll after time. I don't know how Megan has been as strong as she has. She has youth on her side, and perhaps I have given her the gift of strength through example.

The five days away has given me new life, and I got back in time to spend Easter sunday morning with Megan, Alanna, and Dole. We dyed eggs, had a hunt and at a big fat breakfast which included bacon, which I have not cooked in forever. Even Larry, who does not eat meat, agreed that the smell of bacon and eggs gives the house a cozy warm ambiance.

Each holiday I am thankful for my health and my time with my family. I was glad Megan could eat and enjoy the morning with us. It is always joyful to see her smile and be able to have some fun.

I met another mother online whose 25 year old daughter has the same disease. She has multiple spots showing on her scans since her major surgery to remove the cancer......my heart goes out to her. I know that I will never rest knowing that this cancer can come back at any given moment in time with a vengence, but I focus on healing and health.

We have to live a day at a time, a moment at a time, and make each and every one count. I am thankful for the fullness of our lives, and the love that I have found in those around me.

Thank you all for your kindness and staying in touch.

A healthy spring to all! xxpatti

PS Alanna holding her chenille pipe cleaner chick that I got in a fab paper store in Sausalito---you KNOW I had to check out the paper store when I was there!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, that picture makes me cry, too. I don't know how you do it, except for the fact that we mother's do whatever we have to for our kids. Thinking about you---

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home