Sunday, March 04, 2007

Settling In

Larry took this recent photo with his Rolliflex camera. He really captures the essence of her in this. She is such a beautiful child..though a spitfire at times. But hey, you have genetics involved and the women in her life are all strong wild women.

Megan is finally moved in and in the process of unpacking and settling. She got the awful illness that I am still battling for 10 days now. Thankfully she is not working, and hopefully it will be over with by Tuesday when she goes for her treatments. She will have another PET scan I think on Tuesday, to see how everything is progressing, assuming Medicaid will OK it this time. I keep visualizing the cancer cells being killed off, and her being on a steady road to recovery.

Her little house is sweet, Alanna can run and jump without fear of curses and violence from downstairs neighbors, they can take a bath or shower without fear of running out of water...no ceilings are falling in. They are in the woods, in quiet, and not too far from anything. A few friends of mine live close by, and Julie's family still lives on the property in case there is a problem. And it is all good.

I am thankful for friends, for family, for the generosity of you all out there, and for my greater power and love that exists for all of us. Each day I learn an important lesson, and each day I live my life to its fullest.

In peace, in love, Patti

PS I am a bit behind, but I am writing thank you notes to all of you who have been so generous to Megan!!! THANK YOU!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home