Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Sad News


The past few days have been difficult. I just came off a week of being an absolute social maniac, perhaps because for a brief while there were no problems, and things seemed to be coasting along well. I had a good time for the most part, though I still felt like I was on an emotional roller coaster.

Meg called me last night and was so ill that I told her to have Dole bring the baby over. She came with, and I was not prepared for what I saw. She had passed out again, and fallen face first on the floor, putting her teeth through part of her lip. She could barely walk from the pain and had to be helped doing everything. I was in shock. We drew her a hot bath and let her just soak in the tub.

Today she had her chemo, colonoscopy, and radiation. They confirmed another tumor and sent the results STAT to Sloan.

I can't talk to much about this right now as I am tired and worn out with worry and sorrow. It is storming out, and I am concerned that Megan will get snowed in on the farm and something will happen. She is supposed to have someone with her; she assured that she would, and I do hope this is true.

As the snow falls and blankets the world in a white hush, I become numb. It is cold in this back room. Perhaps I will take a hot bath and light a candle, and say a prayer.

Patti

A photo Larry (of course) took of Megan, about 10-11 years old, in the beginning of her adolescance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home