Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Words of Strength

I am tired. It has been a long day of teaching (no 2 hour delay for me..for most other schools, but not for MY district!!) and running around after school. I met my dear friend Rob in New Paltz, and we had a delightful dinner, listening to each other's pain, but agreeing that it has made us who we are today.

People have written me words of encouragement, have shown me strength and survival. I am thinking of one man who emailed me, put Megan's name in for the RobinHood Wish Fund.

You can follow the link I made, register, and vote for whom you think deserves the wish for the week. He asked for money for Megan for her to live on while getting chemo and radiation; I have not really read the details that closely nor understand yet how it works, but I was touched by the kindness and caring of a man who today was going into major surgery today for another re-occurrence of his own cancer- a man who has never met my daughter or I.

Another cancer survivor wrote to me "You gain strength, experience, and confidence by every experience where you really stop to look fear in the face... You must do the thing you cannot do." ~Eleanor Roosevelt. That will be this weeks quote on my board; may I learn from all these brave souls who can still reach beyond themselves unto others.

Thank you all for your kindness and compassion. It is held closely in my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home