Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Update from Marin County

I am writing from Sausalito where I am visiting one of my best friends, Bardet. Bardet and I have known each other for 15 years, and she has been a great inspiration in my life. We have taken care of each other in times of health and illness, and she welcomed me to her bayside world to come and heal my heart and head.

I called Megan this morning, as it was her treatment day. The good news is that they are taking her off the liquid chemo and just giving her pills for a month. They will finish up the radiation, and hopefully at the end of the month..she was be done with the treatments.

I keep telling her and others to focus on her being the 10 percent that beats this horrid cancer.

I met a woman on the plane who runs an apartment complex for visually impaired adults in Chicago. We talked about our careers, and somehow got onto the subject of my children. I told her about Megan, and before we got off the plane she graciously donated money for Megan.

I am hoping that shortly after her chemo she can spend a bit of time getting herself back on her feet and then find a job. That in and of itself will be a challenge for her, but I think she will be happy to get back into a routine and some kind of life other than the walls of her bedroom or bathroom.

I am sending you the cool breeze, smell of the ocean, and some sunshine to light your world my child, and know that I love you from 3,000 miles away. Xxx mom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home