Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Good News

You know Ms. Jolie, you don't have that much over my daughter, save for a few bucks and your health. I was in the store the other day, and one of the magazines on a rack had a shot of her on the cover. At quick glance, I saw my daughter staring at me. I was rather jolted, and went over to look at it closer. I covered up a few parts, looked closely, moved back, laughed, and smiled. I am sure that the people in the store thought me a bit odd, but at this stage in my life, do you think I care????? To me, my daughter is the true hero, a true star. Megan, I hope you read this.....because it comes from my heart.

Yesterday was chemo/rad day and she had to go for a PET and a CT scan. The good news was, the cancer in the rectum did not show up on the PET, hopefully meaning it was caught early and the chemo has eradicated it, and the tumor in the stomach is continuing to shrink. The doctor thinks that another few months of chemo will do it.

I was overjoyed. Things have been really rocky in my life, and to hear this was a balm to my soul. She has a safe and sweet place to live courtesy of Julie, which she can afford with help from us and the generosity of donations from all you folks. She still has some healing and cannot work. Last night she was vomiting, and today is in pain. But the baby is in child care for the day, she is warm, safe, and loved. I told her to heal and maybe I will stop home and bring her the "hell of a soup" I made last night. My food is always made with love and healing.

Larry took this digital photo a few weeks ago. Megan looks radiant and beautiful..you would never know how sick she is. She carries herself with strength and dignity...I should be so strong.

Love you girl! xxxmom

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Megan is truly amazing, this entry has brought me so much happiness!

Her strength is an inspiration to myself and others. Please send her my well wishes and tell her to keep being positive.

xo,
Ross

7:14 PM  
Blogger Gypsy said...

Glad she is feeling good!

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home