Saturday, May 19, 2007

Going Back to Work

I have been remiss by not posting for a while. I have not been much in a writing mood as of late, and come to think of it, today is the first day in a while that I have even entered my studio. Time, time, time.......

Megan went to a job fair at Mohonk this week. She cannot work full time but needs money to live on as she is not making it and fund raising has come to a halt. That is ok as she needs to get out and get back into the swing of things again.

She interviewd for a valet job up at Mohonk Mountain House, which if you don't already know, is one of the more magical places in the world. My friend Bardet always said there were magical powers up there. (photo is a digital piece I did of the Mountain House and Spa)

I hope she gets the job as it won't be too hard on her physically. She won't have to lift too much too far too often, and if she smiles nicely, and is charming (she is already beautiful) she should be able to make some good tips. I do hope that she will be able to pull this off.

She still needs a total hip replacement, but she is not up to doing that yet. I don't blame her. She has been through enough for now.

Dole is away for three weeks for desert training for his reserve unit. (you do know what that means...) He is going or considering going into the Army full time. I wish I could get him out, but he would never listen to me, and never do it. We need a miracle of some sort to happen.

In the meantime Megan is missing him and I have a feeling I will be seeing a bit of her over the next 3 weeks.

Till the next time, Patti