Thursday, July 19, 2007

Wedding Plans

It has been a while since I have written on this blog. I have been enjoying summer vacation, traveling, relaxing, trying to release the stress of the past 9 months.

Sometimes I wonder if my constant traveling is the need to run away from it all. When I am on the run, I know that no one can find me to ask me to do anything, or else I am too far to help. At times I feel desperate to put it all behind me and to keep running. Running and work keeps me from thinking of the possiblities that the future holds. I know I need to find peace right in my own home and within myself; perhaps that is the biggest challenge I face.

Megan is getting married August 25th in a small church in Ellenville, with a barbeque at a local gun and game club, the same one that I had my reception in when I married Megan's father. That seems so long ago, another life that I wish I could forget.

I hope that her marriage is far more joyful and peaceful than my first and that they can survive the difficulties of navigating through a relationship at such a young age. I worry about the both of them being young, with so much facing them, but I have to remind myself that they are on their own journey.

They still don't know when and where they are going as Dole has not received his orders yet.

Megan has another PET scan on the 24th, the day before the wedding. She is asking that her results be held till after the wedding. I can't blame her. If they are not good, she does not need to ruin her day, though I am sure there is always a shadow of fear that follows her around. At least she will have insurance, though I am not sure how good the government's TRICARE is. I do not hold much esteem for anything the government does these days, and they already have established how poorly they treat our soldiers. Let us hope it is all good as there is no money to cover any medical expenses for her.

Will keep you updated as time progresses. May your summer be joyful and rejuvenating, Patti

2 Comments:

Blogger Gypsy said...

Wow Patti I didn't realize the girl was getting married! How did I not know that? AND they are leaving ???? being around you???? YIKES!

It is hard being a mom!
Hugs...

12:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home