Sunday, July 15, 2012

2012 update

I have not written for a long time, but while cleaning up my AOL account of old emails, I stumbled upon some comments that were left on this blog.

I get a lot of spam through Blogger, and don't know if people are spamming me, or if I should respond to the writer.

It would be awful to spam a blog about a sick child, but then again, perhaps the spammers/bots don't really know the content of the blog, they just somehow spam it with comments and inks to the craziest crap.

But to update Megan....she has been cancer free from her GIST for a few years.

It has taken a long time to finally diagnose her autoimmune disorder, but the latest and seemingly most accurate diagnosis is psoriatic arthritis.  She has been on Methotrexate, as well as steroids.  They all wreck havoc on the body, but since her joints and back are in  bad shape, it is the only way she can walk, and get out of bed and not live on pain killers.

The good news is that she graduated from Community College with high honors, and is enrolled in a college (in Tennessee) to finish her degree. She wants to be a social worker to help soldiers.  She bought a house while her husband was deployed, and moved.  Nothing stops her from going forward, as I am sure on some level she knows that is it now or never....

I am traveling there this week for four days.  I have not seen the children in a year, who are now 3 and 7, with birthdays very soon.  I miss them horridly.  I saw Megan this winter for a few days, and look forward to spending time with her.

I hope I find her well, but I also prepare myself for otherwise. In the meantime, the lesson I have learned is to live life to the fullest, and appreciate every day that I have with the people that I love. One call, one moment, can change everything.  And when that happens....well, I guess  you have to roll with it as you have no other choice.  Oh, and I finally bought the red convertible of my dreams. It might not be a Karmenn Ghia, but it is an EOS, and it is indeed very red.

Photo of Megan on graduation day, May of 2011

patti...Meg's Mom
 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home